Home Download Frets on Fire
A Message From Our Sponsors
Thank You for Downloading
Frets on Fire…
Your download should start automatically in a few seconds. If it doesn't, click here to download or check your browser's security bar at the top or bottom of the page.
- Boasts very solid and challenging rhythm-based gameplay
- You can easily make your own note charts for any song you like
- Includes a healthy number of options to support a variety of skill levels and play styles
- Download and add hundreds of songs and player-made note charts absolutely free
- The online community is well past its prime
- Plagued by technical issues like long load times and crashes
- Doesn't include a lot of songs with the initial download
Frets on Fire Fast Facts
- Frets on Fire was released on August 3, 2006.
- The game was developed by the Finnish demogroup, Unreal Voodoo.
- Unreal Voodoo has made a variety of other projects, but the only other game they have under their belt besides Frets on Fire is N-Speed.
- Frets on Fire can be played on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux systems.
- Frets on Fire has been downloaded over half a million times on CNET alone.
- The game won first place when it was submitted to the 2006 Assembly Summer competition.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.