Home Download Spelunky Classic
Thank You for Downloading
Your download should start automatically in a few seconds. If it doesn't, click here to download or check your browser's security bar at the top or bottom of the page.
Spelunky Fast Facts
- The free version of Spelunky was released in a finished state on September 1, 2009.
- The game is the creation of Derek Yu, an acclaimed independent game developer.
- There are effectively two versions of Spelunky. Besides the original freeware game, there is also the HD remake.
- Other games that Yu has developed include Eternal Daughter and Aquaria.
- Spelunky is available for the PC, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox 360.
- Spelunky proved to be so popular, that it was given an HD remake and sold as a commercial product in 2012.
- The game won the Award for Excellence in Design in the 2012 Independent Games Festival.
- PC Gamer named Spelunky as its Game of the Year in 2013.
- Spelunky has a collective score of 90 on Metacritic.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.