Home Download Dwarf Fortress
We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer this game.
Dwarf Fortress Fast Facts
- The earliest version of Dwarf Fortress was released to the public on August 8, 2006.
- The game is the creation of an independent game development company called Bay 12 Games.
- Dwarf Fortress is technically the sequel to a game called Slaves of Armok: God of Blood. Its full name is actually Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress.
- Other games made by Bay 12 include Liberal Crime Squad, Kobold Quest, Squiggles and WWI Medic.
- Dwarf Fortress is available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux systems.
- The game had been downloaded over one million times by 2011.
- In March 2013, Dwarf Fortress was selected as one of the 40 games to be exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art as an "outstanding example of interactive design."
- The gameplay of Dwarf Fortress is so detailed and packed with so many features, that a book called Getting Started with Dwarf Fortress was published by O'Reilly Media.
- Dwarf Fortress has won numerous accolades, including "Roguelike of the Year" from ASCII Dreams and "Indy PC Game of the Year" from Gamers With Jobs.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.