Home Download 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America
A Message From Our Sponsors
Thank You for Downloading
18 Wheels of Steel: Across America…
Your download should start automatically in a few seconds. If it doesn't, click here to download or check your browser's security bar at the top or bottom of the page.
- Unique combination of driving and strategy games.
- Attention to detail allows for a more realistic truck driving experience.
- A variety of loads to haul and places to take them.
- Takes a long time to get from city to city.
- Truck can become stuck with no way to reset it.
18 Wheels of Steel Fast Facts
- 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America came out on September 23, 2003.
- The game was made by the Czech developing company of SCS Software.
- Including Across America, there are eight titles in the 18 Wheels of Steel series, including Hard Truck , Pedal to the Metal, Convoy, Haulin,' American Long Haul, Extreme Trucker, and Extreme Trucker 2.
- SCS Software has also developed Deer Drive, Bus Driver, and the Euro Truck Simulator series.
- Across America is only available for the PC.
- Although the 18 Wheels of Steel games are developed and sold at a budget, they are commonly noted for their surprisingly high production values, lifelike AI, and huge sense of scale.
- GameSpot praised the series, saying that it will 'push both your reflexes and your brain.'
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.