Build a killer ski resort!
Ski Resort Tycoon
Avg. Rating: ( Player Ratings - Avg. Rating out of 5) Rate Edit
We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer this game.
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size -
- Play It On -
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
- The easy, medium, and hard difficulties make this game engaging and challenging for all ages and levels of tycoon expertise.
- The 'Ride your Run' option allows you to snowboard or ski down the runs you just created.
- 3D perspective feature allows you to see the ski resort as your guests do. You can walk around the lodge you created.
- Actual Mountains are used, like Whistler, which was the host mountain for the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- The skiers and boarders on 'Ride your Run' are hard to control, which makes the feature frustrating and difficult to use.
- Buildings cannot be moved once in place.
- Property value on your buildings constantly decreases regardless of how well your resort is doing.
› Read Full Ski Resort Tycoon Review
Design and build your resort and then watch your customers use it in full 3D, 1st person perspective!
Ski Resort Tycoon: Deep Powder - just the game for ski and snowboarding fans who want to run their own resort! This ski resort simulation lets you design thrilling runs, breathtaking chalets and amazing chairlifts.
Design your mountain and maximize your vast resources to attract more skiers. Create Black Diamond runs, mogul fields, bunny hills or snowboard parks. Build incredible hotels, condos, restaurants, cafes and more. Track your progress and keep your customers satisfied to find out if you have what it takes to build the Ultimate Ski Resort!
If you want even more fun designing a ski resort and looking for updated graphics, try Ski Resort Extreme!
Other fun game features include:
- Design more than 5000 outrageous runs, shops and thrilling attractions
- Switch to 3D Perspectives from any building or lift to see your resort as your visitors do
- Watch the skiers emotions to help you manage your park to create maximum enjoyment and profit
- Full Terrain Editing allows you to sculpt the perfect mountain
- Use the built-in Map Editor to create your own unique resorts!
Ski Resort Tycoon Review
If you were to ask a ski enthusiast what his or her favorite things about ski season are, the snow covered mountains and beautiful resorts would definitely be at the top of the list. Apart from fresh snow, skiers love beautiful runs, breathtaking views, and quaint lodges. Ski Resort Tycoon, is a great simulation game that explores these elements of skiing.
Ski Resort Management 101
As a resort owner you are in charge of constructing runs and developing your lodge. You can build ski lifts, adjust the terrain, add moguls, and even build terrain parks—complete with half pipes and ski jumps. You are in control and the happiness of the customers is in your hands.
Ski Resort Tycoon is a game suitable for all ages and skill levels. The multiple difficulty options within the challenges make this game engaging for everyone. The 3D perspective feature allows you to see the ski resort through your guest's eyes. This changes your point-of-view and lets you appreciate your construction and resort as your skiers do. 3D perspective is also incorporated into the skiing element of the game.
This “Ride your Run” feature allows you, the player and resort owner, to test out the runs you just created. You control your ski or snowboarder using the arrow keys choosing your own way down the mountain. This is a great interactive feature, however, the rider you control is not always responsive. This feature is great but is lacking. Because of the difficulties you may encounter with maneuvering, the Ride your Run feature may be something you decide to avoid.
Another small drawback of the game was the inability to move buildings. Once a building is in place it cannot be moved without being sold. This selling brings about another drawback too. No matter how well your resort is doing, the sell back price is always lower than the initial price. Property value only decreases in this game and it is impossible to upgrade your buildings. Again, this is only a small issue so don't let it taint your overall perception of the game.
Conclusion - Good At What it Tries to Do
Ski Resort Tycoon is another simulation game that succeeds. Ski and Snowboard enthusiasts will love the engaging development of runs, lifts, lodges, and terrain parks. For the non-skier this game is an entertaining entrepreneurial game that encourages building a strong business. The game is suitable and playable for all ages. The multiple difficulties in the challenge mode make this a strategy game for everyone.
If you are interested in skiing or simulation games, this game is a worthwhile investment of your time.
- Review by Dylan
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
Click Screenshot to Enlarge
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 – Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.