(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 60 minutes.
- File Size - 33.7 MB
- Play It On - Win XP/Vista/7
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
Better than average but has some noticeable flaws.
- You choose the path that your character follows.
- Make decisions regarding your career and social life.
- Allows you control your character without having to take care of every single detail.
- No animation only text and pictures.
- Game starts fairly slow with limited options.
- Can become boring quickly from repetition.
What kind of person can you become?
Kudos 2 is the ultimate life simulation game where you pick friends, socialize, build a career, buy a pet, and tons more!
Kudos 2 follows the success of the hit downloadable game Kudos that lets you make choices every day that will affect your career, happiness, and relationships.
You start the game right after your 20th birthday and have 10 years of game time to become the person you want to be. Will you concentrate on your career or have fun building relationships with your friends? The choices are up to you.
Every choice counts
Kudos 2 is a game about choices and here are just a few things you will be able to decide:
- What will you look like? - choose hairstyles, clothes, shoes, and colors
- What do you want to study? - become an actor, lawyer, doctor, IT professional, and more.
- What will you do after work? - spend time alone watching TV, cleaning the house or go out with your friends to a restaurant, movie, or concert.
- What will you buy? - save up for a car, get a pet, buy exercise equipment or read a book to improve an aspect of your character.
- Who do you want to be friends with? - who you hang out with can affect your character in a variety of ways, choose your friends wisely!
- Who do you want to date? - spend time doing what your love interest likes and see where it goes!
What you do and who you spend time with will affect character traits like honesty, energy levels, intelligence, muscle, relaxation, confidence, and more.
So how will your life end up? The choice is up to you!
If you like games like The Sims and other life simulations, Kudos 2 is a must try! Download and play the free version!
Kudos 2 improvements:
- Sophisticated friends, gossip, more personality types
- Faster game play
- New mini games
- Birthday parties
- Build career skills that actually affect your day at work!
- New art from legendary comic artist Jason McKelvie!
Kudos 2 Review
Review by Mick
Life Sim Lite
Kudos 2 is a life simulation game that lets you control the choices your character makes. Your job, your training and what you do with your free time is all up to you. Interaction with your character and others is minimal since you make the choice and then you are only told the result. You will experience ten years in the life of your character. People simulation enthusiasts will enjoy this game to a certain extent, but will likely become bored quickly.
Tutorial Tips Help You Learn The Game
You begin the game with either a short tutorial or just jumping straight in. Either way there are tips and hints throughout the game. There are three base people for each gender, you can change small aspects like hair and clothes for customization.
You start out as a waiter making a minimal salary, but you can take night classes to become whatever you want from a rock star to a lawyer. You will also need to maintain friendships, clean your house and take care of yourself. You will experience your character age from 20 to 30 and hopefully achieve the goals you set.
Point and Click Controls
Controls in the game are very simple to learn either through the tutorial or trial and error. The mouse controls everything since you will only be making the decisions and not performing the actions.
Mostly Text Based Game Play
The game is entirely text based, so when you decide to go out to the bar you won't see it but you are given a summation of the events (how it went, new friends, your mood...). You will earn money every day you work that you can spend however you want. There are a few activities that are free but most others will cost money. Going out to dinner, going shopping or night school are all examples of activities that cost money. While shopping you can purchase items that will help improve your life such as games that improve your IQ or exercise equipment to make you more healthy. To receive the gains from these purchases you have to select them as your free time activities.
Minimal Sound and Graphics
Graphics really don't contribute to this game since it is largely text based. Background pictures and the profile pictures of your friends are the only real graphics in the game. There is also very minimal sound to the game. The lack of much sound and graphics leaves the game feeling empty.
Either Addictive or Repetitive (Depends On What You Like)
While there are plenty of choices to make the game can quickly become repetitive, especially in the beginning. When you don't have much money all of the activities are out of reach. Even when you can do a variety of things the results are still exactly the same. A lot of people will become bored quickly with this game. Even the hardcore people simulation gamers might get bored with the lack of interaction.
Conclusion - A Simplified People Sim That Some May Enjoy
While Kudos 2 does an okay job of making a people simulation game, the lack of interaction will put most people off. If you do enjoy this type of game there are plenty of options and paths to follow as your character progresses. Players of any age could understand and pick up the game easily. There are probably better options out there, but if you are a fan of these games you can try the download and see if you like it, but don't expect too much.