Help a Primitive People Grow into a Mighty Civilization!
Avg. Rating: (5 Player Ratings - Avg. Rating out of 5) Rate Edit
Accepting Your New Responsibilities
You have just stumbled upon an anthropologist’s dream come true! You did not find old artifacts and ruins of a civilization that has long since passed. You did not uncover the fossilized skeletal remains of prehistoric people. You found an actual civilization of humans via a portal to the past! Now you have an opportunity to get a first-hand look at how people in the Stone Age survived. Better yet, they want to make you their new chief in the hopes that maybe you will guide their culture to enlightenment. Who are you to refuse?
A lot of tough challenges lie ahead of you. You got to make sure that your people are kept fed, safe and happy. Crops need to be grown, houses need to be built, technology needs be developed, and enemies must be vanquished. Through it all, you have to deal with the scarcity of resources that have plagued every culture throughout history. Do you have what it takes to lead your tribe to glory? Play The Tribez and see where your journey will take you.
Enter a Living and Breathing World
The Tribez puts out all the stops to make you feel like the world you have just entered in your mobile device has a life of its own.
- Enjoy lush, colorful visuals where every background detail, sprite and character model has been lovingly handcrafted to perfection.
- Watch dozens of your fluidly-animated people simultaneously mill around the world like ants. Look at how they tend to their crops, cut down trees, harvest fruit, construct buildings, and so on.
- Enjoy the ambience. See clouds pass by, watch birds and pterodactyls fly in the air, look at animals as they scamper around on the ground, and more.
Lead the Tribe
Leading a group of prehistoric people might not always be a picnic, but it has its rewards. As its chief, it will be your duty to oversee the labor, ensure the tribe has everything it needs, and to know how to best allocate its limited resources. Tribal necessities are limited. Time is even more so.
- Collect and manage a great number of raw materials from the environment, including food, lumber, dinosaur eggs, stone, gold and more. Every resource is needed for your people to perform their various tasks.
- Set your villagers to work. Send them to grow crops, construct buildings, gather wild berries, and so on. Do all of this with a few simple taps on the screen.
- Spend gold to expand your territory outward. Acquire more land, resources and villagers.
- Clear out rocks and tree stumps to level out the land and make it fit for development.
- Improve your people’s mood by building any number of decorative ornaments. These will give your village a distinct identity and help you leave a personal thumbprint in the game.
- Build a raft to move your prehistoric civilization to another island. Spread the people across six islands, each with their own sets of challenges.
Defend the People
The time and place that the people of The Tribez reside in may be colorful and beautiful, but it’s also dangerous. Many hazards threaten to wipe it from the face of the earth. Only through your diligence can your people fend off these threats and continue to live in peace.
- Be on the lookout for invaders. These outsiders will come into the village, terrorize the people, and attempt to take what isn’t theirs. Deal with them by giving them a good tap.
- Hatch a dinosaur from its egg and raise it to adulthood as a large, scaly guard dog. Have it patrol the perimeter of your town to keep it safe and secure.
What Will It Be, Chief?
The Tribez is one of the most gorgeous titles you will likely ever play on a mobile device. It’s a pleasant and relaxing game of strategy that gives you the freedom to build and design your very own prehistoric city in whatever way you see fit. There are cavemen, dinosaurs and silly and not-all-that-authentic bits of Stone Age technology that round the whole game out with a nice bit of charm. Take a step into a time long past with The Tribez. It’s fun, it’s challenging, and it doesn’t need to cost you a cent!
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
Click Screenshot to Enlarge
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 – Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.