(Android - For most Android based phones and tablets.
See download page for specific requirements.)
Play Chess for Free!
Chess has been challenging the minds of players for nearly a millennium now. The rules may have changed and evolved from their humble beginnings, but it continues to be one of the most easy-to-learn but difficult-to-master games ever devised. It takes a cunning mind to develop a winning strategy in what has often been called the King's Game.
With Chess Free, chess has now been brought to its currently most logical conclusion: as an app that can now be played on your tablet or smartphone. Improve your chess skills against a variety of computer opponents, learn new strategies to beat masters, or challenge a buddy to a friendly match at any point in time. Victory will most assuredly be yours in Chess Free.
Experience Classic Chess
Chess is a timeless game. All the classic rules that we know and love have been left intact. Through a series of board movements that are unique to every type of piece, two players must take turns outwitting and outmaneuvering each other into capturing the opposing king.
- Includes all of the classic pieces, with eight pawns, two rooks, two bishops, two knights, one queen, and one king for both players.
- Decorate your game with eight different chess boards and five chess piece sets.
- Play against the computer, or challenge another player to a hotseat game.
- Play on 12 levels of difficulty.
Improve Your Game
You don't need to be Bobber Fischer to enjoy Chess Free. In fact, you don't need to have ever played a game of chess to enjoy Chess Free. This app is as much of a chess learning tool as it is a mobile edition of the timeless board game. It includes a host of options that will help you hone your skills and strategies.
- Save a game in-progress and get back to it anytime.
- Includes a tutorial to help beginners learn all of the ins and outs of chess.
- Activate CPU Thinking mode to show what moves the computer is considering before it commits.
- Track your accumulated statistics for every game played.
- Use the Review Game option to view a turn-by-turn analysis of you completed games. See what crucial moves decided your victories, and which ones spiraled into crushing defeat.
Chess is always a great game to have on hand. Most people understand the rules, so finding a willing opponent is always easy. Even if it isn't, then the built-in AI is adjustable enough that anyone of any skill level can play.
With its myriad of tools that allow you to examine your strategies as well as your opponents,' it's also a fantastic learning tool. Download Chess Free and bring glory to the king's army!