We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer a download for this game.
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
A superior game, one of the very best in its category.
- Hours of play with 40 single player mission plus 12 multiplayer missions - 6 deathmatch and 6 Air War cooperative missions
- It is easy to jump into the game, familiarize yourself with the controls, and be into the combat within a few minutes
- The graphics are quite good with highly detailed texture maps of planes, an amazing 3-D virtual cockpit, and it all runs smoothly at high framerates
- Mission design tool allows you to create your own scenarios and share them with friends
- Most avionics systems are controlled automatically allowing you to focus on the action and gives a more arcadish feel to this simulation
- There is a lack of realism, especially considering how easy takeoffs and landings are, which might put off more hard-core flight simulation fans
- While the graphics are good they are from 1998 and so may seem a bit dated for some in comparison to more modern titles
Editor's Update (10/21/14) - There is no longer an official free trial or demo for this game but you can get the digital full version at Steam
Fly a US fighter jet!
With innovative technologies such as fly-by-wire controls, sophisticated systems for night and all-weather operations and the ability to carry a variety of weapons, the F-16 continually proves to be the workhorse of the USAF.
Victorious in all of its air-to-air engagements, the awesome reputation of the F-16 is undisputed and now you can take the flight stick!
F16 Multirole Fighter puts you in a 3D cockpit that models the actual fighter. Check out the list of features below.
F-16 Multirole Fighter Game Details:
- Authentic Lockheed Martin approved flight model and avionics.
- Flight tested by Lockheed Martin F-16 Chief Test Pilot, John Fergione.
- Get airborne and begin combat in minutes
- Fast 3DfxTM support, up to 1024 x 768 with Voodoo2TM [Incredible with SLI]
- Fully interactive 3D virtual cockpit accurately reflects the F-16's current conditions and can be viewed at any time
- 40 single player missions plus 12 multiplayer missions - 6 deathmatch and 6 A.W. (Air War) cooperative missions
- Mission design tool to create your own scenarios and share them with friends
- Use F-16's LANTIRN for night vision and precision bombings
F-16 Multirole Fighter Review
Review by Alex
F-16 Mutlirole Fighter is a flight simulator that came from the partnership of game designer NovaLogic and aircraft maker Lockheed Martin and lets you jump into the seat of one of America's deadliest flying machines.
Easy to Learn Controls
One of the nicest features of F-16 MF is how easy it is to get behind the controls and get into the air. While the game might be lacking in totally realistic aeronautics, the planes generally have a believable feel to them and it is easy to jump into the game, familiarize yourself with the controls, and be into the combat within a few minutes.
The graphics also help to draw you in, especially with the little touches such as the ability to see yourself in the canopy, the amazing 3-D cockpit, and exaggerated terrain heights so that its more fun to fly low on your approach to your target. Most of the avionics are controlled automatically, such as the plane automatically creates a shoot list so you can cycle through targets and your wheels even automatically retract after you take off, which means you can focus on the action as you blast away enemies with sidewinders and your powerful cannons.
Also, the mission design tool allows you to create your own scenarios and the multiplayer is just as addicting adding hours of additional gameplay.
Not As Realistic As Some Flight Sims
The only slight issues some gamers might have with this title is that there is a lack or realism, for instance most notable while performing the incredibly easy takeoffs and landings, and hard-core flight simulator fans might want to look elsewhere for super-realistic aerodynamics. Also, while the graphics are rather good, they are from 1998 and so may seem a bit dated in comparison to modern titles for some players.
Conclusion - Good Option for Those Who Want Action Not Accuracy
Overall F-16 Mutlirole Fighter provides a semi-realistic flight simulator that has more of an arcade style with plenty of enjoyable action. It is easy for new flight simulation players to pick this game up and be a flying ace in about only an hour of play. The large single-player campaign, mission design tool, and multiplayer means there is plenty of addicting gameplay to be found as well. While this title may not be to every flight sim fans' liking, it does provide a rather pleasurable experience and is just fun to play.
If you're still on the fence, at the very least try out the demo and play for an hour to see if the gameplay is right for you.
- F-16 Multirole Fighter was released on October 6, 1998
- The game was developed and published by NovaLogic, Inc.
- It was released for the Windows platform only
- The game is part of a series of combat flight simulations. Other games in the series include F-22 Lightning II (1996); F-22 Raptor (1997); MiG-29 Fulcrum (1998) and F-22 Lightning 3 (1999)
- F-16 Multirole Fighter was developed with the help of John A. Fergione, Lockheed Martin's chief test pilot of the real-life F-16 aircraft
- The game was released simultaneously with the MiG-29 Fulcrum title
- In addition to six tutorial missions and numerous quick missions, there are campaigns offering missions in real-life trouble spots around the world, including Liberia / Serra Leone, Albania, Burma and Somalia / Ethiopia
- Multiplayer is supported via NovaLigic's Integrated Battle Space servers, which allows for up to 128 players simultaneously
- NovaLogic is a major developer and publisher of mainly combat-oriented games. Known for its flight simulations, including the Comanche series, other popular series include Armored Fist and the Delta Force tites
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.