- No Adware or Spyware
- Safe & Easy Downloads
- No pirated software, 100% legal games
No Adware, Spyware or Pirated software. 100% legal, safe & easy downloads
The Best PC Version of Risk Ever Created!
Risk 2 Review
Reviewed by: Alex
Avg. Rating: (55 Player Ratings - Avg. Rating out of 5) Rate Edit
We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer this game.
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size -
- Play It On -
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
- Provides a much smoother and quicker way to play this classic board game
- New map locations, a Same-Time Mode, and a Tournament Mode
- Multiplayer lets you play against friends and others most effectively over LAN or a hot seat mode
- Face-off against 16 different computer personalities, each with their own play style and tendencies
- Map views provide tons of information, such as Ownership, Troop Strength, and Border Threat views
- A variety of winning conditions, such as World Domination, Missions, and Capitals, let you determine game length and adds some interesting gameplay twists
- If you lose one battle in Tournament Mode you are knocked out
- The diplomacy system is rather limited, alliances must be renewed each turn, and the computer rarely agrees to an alliance with you
- The internet support through MSN Zone has some connectivity issues
› Read Full Risk 2 Review
Risk: the Quintessential Game of Action, Strategy, and World Domination!
As a commanding general, guide your armies with honor and skill and you just might win the day. Your goal, of course, is simple: take over the entire world!
With Risk II, you can experience this wonderful game, one of the most popular board games of all time, like never before!
All the Addicting Fun of the Original With None of the Drawbacks
The official computer version of the Risk board game, Risk II is incredibly rich, detailed, and varied. It provides all the benefits of Risk plus a whole lot more, and none of its less enjoyable aspects.
Forget about long setup times, counting out armies, or keeping track of cards, because Risk II is a much quicker and smoother way to play. Here's one thing for sure: this ain't your daddy's Risk game!
Great Variety - Three Unique Game Modes!
Whether you're a fan of traditional Risk or might be looking for something new, you're in for a treat with Risk II!
- With Classic Risk, play using the exact rules of the venerable board game. Battle with any of 16 computer-controlled generals, each with their own personality and characteristics. Available in any mode, you can face off against the best of the best, including Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington!
- In the all-new Same Time Risk mode, there are no individual turns. Instead, each player draws up battle plans, and they are carried out simultaneously. It's a totally unique addition to the world of Risk!
- Tournament Risk combines both modes in a series of increasingly challenging games with varied winning objectives.
With all these game modes, Risk II gives you a great blend of the old and the new!
The Gameplay in Risk II Provides Tons of Depth and Complexity
Just like you'd expect from a Risk game, Risk II includes lots of customizable rules and options designed to give you the very best gameplay possible!
- In-depth tutorials familiarize you with the more intricate details of each style of play.
- Change the game's winning objectives - Mission Risk, Capital Risk, or Domination - all your favorite ways to play are here!
- Use diplomacy to make alliances with other players, but watch out or you could get back stabbed when you least expect it.
- Risk II even comes with options to use completely new territories! Hawaii, the Philippines, Svalbard, the Falkland Islands, New Zealand - play with just one or two and the entire strategy of the game could be changed!
New and Improved Graphics and Animations!
The classic Risk board will be easily recognizable - it's reproduced crisply and clearly, and every detail is accurate to the original. For a new perspective, switch to globe view in which you see the world as if from outer space.
Yet another great feature of Risk II: battle animations! Every time your troops engage the enemy, you've got a front row seat as the camera will zoom in on the action and you'll actually see infantrymen, cavalrymen, and artillery cannon firing at each other from whatever territories happen to be the battleground at the time.
Great Multiplayer Options Complete Your Risk II Experience
Can't find anyone to play board game Risk with you? Get Risk II and you won't have to worry about that problem ever again!
Go up against a bunch of computer opponents, grab a friend for a hot seat game, or play friends over a local network. When you're ahead, laugh it up with the in-game chat feature!
All things considered, Risk II is truly one of the best video games of its kind you will ever find, bar none.
Game mode variety, gameplay options, great graphics and animations, multiplayer - Risk II has it all, so what are you waiting for? Get your campaign started today!
Risk 2 Game Features Include:
- Mission Risk option - every team gets a defined mission that must be accomplished before winning the game
- "Same-Time-Turn" mode - lets multiple armies and players attack the same territory at once
- Classic map or Advanced map with added territories
- Optional diplomacy and alliances
- Optional 3-D world globe view
- Single or multiplayer capability over a LAN (local area network) - play your friends!
- In game chat - tell your friends how bad they are losing!
Other Recommended Games to Play
Since Risk 2 is discontinued, we've come up with some suggestions of other games on our site you might like:
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 - this is the hit sequel to the popular theme park creation game. Buy roller coasters and other rides, set ticket prices, create stands to sell food and merchandise and more. You can even design your own custom roller coaster rides.
Risk 2 Review
- Review by Alex
Risk II brings the classic board game of world domination to your PC in a way that stays true to the original gameplay, while adding in plenty of interesting new twists that in many ways improves upon it.
Classic Game Plus Some Cool New Game Modes
There is still the Classic game mode where players each take turns reinforcing, attacking, and consolidating as well as a new Same-Time mode where all non-combat phases of the game are handled for all players simultaneously. There are several new rules in this game mode as well such as different die based on the size of your army, mass invasions when several players are attacking the same country, and other changes which drastically change player strategies. While Same-Time mode can be a much more tense and cut-throat experience, it does a very good job of keeping things balanced and is great for those players looking for a new challenge.
Plenty of Options Like New Countries and Mission Risk
There are also tons of game options at your fingertips such as choosing to add six new countries which open up many of the continents, selecting how many reinforcements each continent supplies, three methods to select starting positions, and different winning conditions, such as World Domination (or at least a percentage of the world to shorten game time), Missions where you have to meet an objective like “conquer that country” or “kill that player”, and Capitals where you denote one of your territories as your capital and you have to gain control of a certain number of capitals to win the game. All of these add together to provide a new depth to the gameplay and new, interesting ways to experience this classic game.
A Few Drawbacks
While playing through there were some slight issues. For instance, while the LAN and hot seat multiplayer worked great, the internet support through MSN Zone was a bit difficult to use and had some connectivity issues. Also, the diplomacy system was a bit narrow with only a few options, you had to renew any alliances every round, and the computer very rarely agreed to any player proposed alliances. Finally, in Tournament mode there were no saves and if you lose one battle you are knocked out. While this did increase the tension and made each battle more interesting, it could get a bit frustrating if you get stuck and can't get past a certain round.
Conclusion - An Excellent Version of Risk
Yet, these minor issues pale in comparison to the addicting and enjoyable gameplay found in Risk II. The Classic mode is a great representation of the original board game and you don't have to deal with the hassle of game setup or keeping track of all the pieces and cards.
The new game modes and options let you experience refreshingly new twists to the gameplay and still retain the perfect balance of the original. Just give the demo a try and see how hard it is to put Risk II down once you're into the action.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
Click Screenshot to Enlarge
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 – Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.