We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer a download for this game.
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
A superior game, one of the very best in its category.
- Customize teams and games to an astounding level
- Simple controls and gameplay mean that anyone can get into the game
- Basic level editor to design levels like you want
- Various methods of multiplayer make it easy to battle against friends
- Funny graphics and sounds add to the fun
- No tutorial or introduction to game
So Crazy and So Fun!
What could be better than the first Worms game, you ask? Why, the second Worms game, of course - it's Worms 2, new and improved!
- "The most brilliant and most entertaining game that I have ever played! This game keeps me glued to the PC for hours on end. It's brilliant fun for all who play the game. The graphics are brilliant and game itself has been planned with great brilliance. Thank you for bringing this game to the world!!!" - Karl Christian Aucamp, Worms 2 Player
With this second edition in the immensely popular series of turn-based strategy games, you command an elite team of 4 to 8 cute and lovable worms. Cute and lovable, that is, until the intense combat action begins!
Lead your squad against an opposing worm army, using any and all weapons necessary to get the job done. In Worms 2 there are many paths along the road to victory. Choose yours wisely!
Considered By Many to be the Best Worms Game Ever Made!
Exciting, wacky, crazy, challenging, addicting - adjectives cannot convey the fun to be had with Worms 2, and the only way to get the true experience is to give the game a try.
With their one-of-a-kind gameplay, unique 2D style, and interesting environments, the Worms games really are some of the most original games out there.
You've got dozens of weapons at your disposal, from bazookas, petrol bombs, shotguns, and air strikes to banana bombs, exploding sheep, falling concrete donkeys, and even The Holy Hand Grenade of Monty Python fame!
Grab falling crates for power ups and even better secret weapons. With such a great selection, combat doesn't get any better or funnier than this!
Tons of Options and Features for Your Enjoyment
Worms 2 comes with 45 different single player missions in campaign mode. For a quick game, play on a randomly generated map - replay value is high because you won't get the same map twice!
As you fight, the landscape around is affected by your weapons. If you have to, blow up whole mountainsides to get to the enemy!
Name each individual worm on your team. Customize weapon powers, terrain, sound options, even cheat codes. Choose the number of worms on each side in a particular game. With Worms 2, the possibilities are almost endless!
Hilariously Entertaining Voices and Sound Effects
Worms 2 is full of charming, comical characters . . . and they're all worms!
As the battle rages, your little cartoon-like soldiers make funny quips about the ongoing action. Their hilarious antics keep you laughing as long as you play the game.
You can also choose the accents your worms will speak with from lots of options - valley girl, redneck, and many more!
There's Always Someone to Play With or Against!
With such a wide variety of campaign missions and quick games against the computer, Worms 2 holds your interest even if you're alone.
Beyond the excellent single player gameplay, however, the game offers multiplayer options as well. Grab a friend and team up, each controlling some worms, or go head-to-head in a battle for bragging rights! Play hot-seat games on the same computer or play over a local network.
What the Pro Reviewers Say About Worms 2
- "Every now and then a game comes along that is addictive, challenging, and entertaining all at the same time and yet can't really be explained as such to someone who hasn't played the game. Worms 2 is such a game." - GameSpot, 8.8/10 - Full Review
- "In conclusion, I found Worms 2 to be fun, fun, fun. If you want a good game with a lot of replayability, this is the game for you. Once it gets a hold of you it won't let you go." - GameZilla, 92/100
If you've never played Worms 2, you are missing out so stop missing out and download Worms 2 now!
Worms 2 Review
Review by Brandon
Worms 2 is a thrilling turn-based strategy game that anyone could enjoy. Teams of up to 8 worms do battle with an array of devastating and outlandish weapons ranging from an exploding sheep to a napalm air strike. Create the battle as you see fit by customizing weapons and levels. Great multiplayer support gives you a number of ways to take on friends or play against computer opponents suited to your skill level. Worms 2 is a whole lot of strategy, a whole lot of hilarity, and just plain fun.
Worm Team 1 - Kill Worm Team 2
In Worms 2, battle takes place between two or more teams of worms. Each team can have anywhere from 1-8 worms on it. These teams can either be player controlled or computer controlled. Once you've created the teams for your battle, you'll be able to select a level to play or choose a randomly generated one. You'll also be able to change options for the battle (such as how powerful weapons are, how much health each worm has, etc.). Once you've finished setting up the battle, the action begins. The worms on each team will be randomly placed throughout the level and your goal is to eliminate as many other worms as possible and be the last team standing.
Lots of Customization Options
One great feature of Worms 2 is the level of control and customization you have in the game. When creating or editing teams you can choose not only the team name, but the names of individual worms as well. You can even change the accents of the voice that your worms use. Of course, the options aren't limited to cosmetic changes. You have a huge array of choices and options to make when it comes to weapons as well. You can change the ammunition of a weapon, the damage a weapon will deal, the size of the explosion a weapon generates, and even more. You can change how much health the worms have, how long the game will last before sudden death starts, the length of each turn, and a number of other options that give you an unbelievable amount of control over the battles.
Create Your Own Levels
Worms 2 has a basic level editor that can be used to make a battlefield perfectly suited to your needs. Battles also take place on randomly generated levels with a wide variety of designs and layouts. You can specify the type of terrain and the amount of obstacles present. All of the terrain and obstacles in a level can be destroyed, which adds to the strategy of play and the importance of selecting a good level to play on.
As a result of the ability to customize and control nearly every aspect of battle in Worms 2, the difficulty can be adjusted in any number of ways to suit your skill or needs. Additionally, the computer controlled teams can have their difficulty level adjusted higher or lower to provide the right challenge. You can challenge yourself with tough and drawn out conflicts, or relax in a quick and easy game as you blow away your opponents. However, strategy still plays a big role in the game regardless of the settings you choose.
Multiplayer Wormy Violence
Another great feature of Worms 2 is the ability to play against other players and the number of ways in which you can do so. You can take on other players on a single computer, over your local computer network in LAN play, or on the Internet. Beating computers is fun, but there's nothing more satisfying than being able to take on friends in a violent free-for-all.
A Tutorial Would Have Been Nice
The controls in Worms 2 are simple and easy to learn, despite the lack of any sort of tutorial. You can look around the map by moving the mouse. Worms are moved left or right with the corresponding arrow keys, and jump with the Enter key. The various weapons are selected with F1-F12, and fired with the Space Bar. When it is your turn, you can choose which worm to use by using the Tab key. While a tutorial of some sort would have been a nice addition, not having one isn't a huge hindrance to playing the game.
Simple Graphics That Work
The graphics in Worms 2 consist of “cartoony” 2D action. While they may not match up to many more modern games, they work well for the game and really bring an element of humor that adds to the fun you'll have. There's some strange satisfaction in watching as the worms bounce around from explosions and fires, or turn blue and explode on death.
The sounds in the game also add to the hilarity. As the worms move around and shoot each other, they'll make various comments on what is happening. For example, if a worm manages to damage a teammate with a weapon, you might hear a remark about him being a traitor. On top of the funny comments, the ability to change accents of worms makes them an even bigger laugh. Despite the simplicity, the visuals and audio are great additions to the game.
Conclusion - Excellent Turn-Based Strategy
Worms 2 is an excellent turn-based strategy game that will be great entertainment for the strategy buff and everyone else as well. Do battle with an array of devastating and outlandish weapons like the Homing Pigeon. Customize an unbelievable number of options to create a battle that's perfect for you. Tests your skills against computer opponents or take advantage of the multiplayer offering and battle against other players. Humorous looks and sounds add the perfect touch to an amazing game.
Worms 2 is a game well worth playing.
Funny in game cut-scene and examples of worms blasting each other with some of the available weapons.
- Worms 2 was released January 13, 1998
- The game was developed by English company Team17 Software Limited
- The game was published by Electronic Arts, Inc. and MicroProse Software, Inc.
- The game was released for PC only
- Worms 2 is part of the long-running Worms series of turn-based strategy titles. Highlights from the series include Worms (1995); Worms Armageddon (1999); Worms World Party (2001); Worms Blast (2002); Worms 3D (2003); Worms 4: Mayhem (2005); Worms Reloaded (2010); and Worms: Crazy Golf (2011)
- In 2009, the game was repackaged and released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as Worms 2: Armageddon
- Some interesting weapons: exploding mad cows, banana bombs and flying sheep
- In addition to the Worms series, Team17 Software has developed numerous popular games, including the Alien Breed series and Lemmings
- Electronic Arts is one of the largest publishers of video games for all platforms. Popular series include its numerous sports franchises like Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, and the Sims series of life simulations
- MicroProse has published over 100 games, including the early Sid Meier Civilization series and numerous flight simulators.
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.