Stranded 2 ReviewHome Freeware Games Stranded 2
Survive on a Strange Island Using Anything You Can Find!
Categories/Tags:adventure freeware island setting survival
(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 60 minutes.
- File Size - 13 MB
- Play It On - Win XP
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
A perfect game, playing this will send you to gaming heaven!
- Seamless 3D world that is uncommon among point and click adventure games.
- Realistic tasks that mimic actual survival methods included gathering food, constructing shelter, and averting death.
- Multiple modes of play increases overall value.
- Full tutorial mode as well as helpful hints during adventure mode.
- Keyboard based controls may be initially confusing to players not accustomed to hot keys.
- Graphics themselves are not particularly vibrant.
- Some wildlife opponents confusing, namely rogue lions out of their natural habitat.
Are You a Survivor?
In Stranded 2 you suddenly find yourself alone and lost on a desert island without any supplies. The challenge is to survive another day by finding food, shelter, and even a few weapons. But this game goes beyond mere survival, as you'll be learning how to tame wild animals and go on quests to find hidden treasures!
With cool graphics, a richly detailed game play environment, and a big island to explore, you're sure to find yourself lost in fun for many hours with this excellent freeware adventure game.
Stranded 2 Review
Review by Sara
Have you ever watched the hit television series Lost and wondered what your chances would be of surviving while stranded on a remote island? Stranded II gives you the opportunity to do just that. Following the catastrophic destruction of your vessel, you remain the sole survivor with only a few possessions including a small amount of food, minimal first aid provisions, and a few vials of fresh water and therefore must learn how to gather such essentials on your own.
Explore a 3D Island With Total Freedom
One of the most commendable features of this game is the full 3D world constructed with seamless play, meaning there are never loading screens between areas. The run of the place is yours and it is possible to go absolutely everywhere, even swimming far beyond the island into the blue abyss.
A Survival Puzzle You'll Have to Figure Out
Little instruction is received initially, only that health, hunger, thirst and tiredness bars must be maintained to ensure survival. Activities performed therefore truly reflect solitary endurance and require the player to discover themselves how survival may be attained.
The player will learn how to gather raw materials such as wood, iron, and stone to construct shelter, hunt and protect themselves from vicious animal attacks by wild lions who are very suspiciously out of their natural habitat . Vegetation can be both helpful and harmful as you learn which plants to avoid, including mutant flowers that attack when too closely approached. Learning the essentials of first aid is also of utmost import as a very serious attack will cause bleeding out that, as in real life, inevitably can lead to demise.
If You Want Your Hand Held, Too Bad!
Along the way some instruction boxes appear to provide direction, such as how to harvest wheat plants into grain. However, command keys are not explained during the adventure mode which will initially frustrate many players. Fortunately, a full “survival guide” is among the many modes of play that instructs the user on pivotal game mechanics.
Other Game Modes to Enjoy
Other enticing features include endless survival modes that alter island size and climate, including desert, snow and several other terrains that change survival strategy. Raptor hunting mode as well as tower defense provide pleasing, more casual play. While the graphics themselves are not particularly colorful, the full world created is a marvel and truly entices the player.
Conclusion - A Well-Done and Challenging Adventure
With all of the different modes that extend far beyond the actual adventure, which in and of itself is fundamentally challenging and lengthy, the full development of the island and outlying areas, and realism of activity, Stranded II completely immerses the player in a life-threatening state of desertion and stands out among not only freeware, but all adventure games.
Although noticeable, its negative elements in actuality detract very little from the game and once you become accustomed to the keyboard commands and mechanics, this is a near perfect game that is highly recommended to all audiences.
A short Stranded II Trailer.
- Stranded 2 was released on June 20, 2007.
- Stranded 2 was developed by Unreal Software.
- The only other game so far in the Stranded series is the first one.
- Currently, Unreal Software's only titles belong to the Stranded series.
- Stranded 2 is available for PC.
- Stranded's designer, Peter Schauß, decided to make a sequel after the first game proved to be a surprise hit. He set about making it more complex and gave users more opportunities to mod the game.