(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size - 6 MB
- Play It On - Win XP/Vista/7
- Support - Pac Man Support
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
A superior game, one of the very best in its category.
- Entertaining and easy to play.
- Classic arcade game on your PC.
- Regular and Enhanced mode for newer graphics.
- Different difficulty settings so you can play at your level.
- No level variety can get boring.
Not a Clone or Remake - The Real Thing!
PAC-MAN, the world famous arcade classic, returns in this faithful rendition right on your PC!
Who can forget the countless hours and quarters spent avoiding pesky ghosts while chompin' on dots and gobbling up the fruit for bonus points?
Relive the Retro Arcade Action!
- Play Classic Arcade mode, featuring all the original arcade graphics you know and love
- Check out the new Enhanced Mode with updated graphics and sounds!
- Play through all 256 dot-chomping levels and test your skills with all new stats!
- Munch fruit and other items for big points!
- Chomp all of the dots to advance to the next stage.
- Gobble blinking Power Pellets to weaken ghosts temporarily and eat them up before they change back!
If you have been waiting for a real version of this game, wait no longer! Get Pac Man now and enjoy one of the greatest video games of all time!
Rules and Scoring:
- Chomp a Power Pellet to momentarily turn the ghosts blue. When they're blue you can eat them for bonus points!
- Gobble up the fruit for extra points!
- Get an extra life when you reach 10,000 points!
- Keyboard - Pressing an arrow key will move PAC-MAN in the corresponding direction.
- Gamepad - Pressing a direction on the direction pad will move PAC-MAN in the corresponding direction.
- Mouse - Move the mouse to move PAC-MAN in the corresponding direction.
Hints & Tips:
- PAC-MAN moves through the tunnels much faster than the ghosts, so use this speed to run away when a ghost is hot on your tail.
- Make fast turns by pressing in the desired direction just before you reach a corner.
- Easy: For beginners and you start with an extra 2 lives!
- Normal: Tuned for PC casual play.
- Original: Exactly like the arcade version!
Review by Mick
The classic arcade game we all know and love is back for your PC. Pac Man provides all the entertainment you would expect in an easy to download package. This is the original game, not a remake. Get ready for some arcade nostalgia as you relive the glory days of Pac Man.
For those of you who haven't played Pac Man, the game is very easy to understand but can be very challenging as you get farther into the game. The goal is to maneuver Pac Man, the yellow circle with a mouth, around the map consuming all the dots. Four ghosts will be wandering around the map attempting to stop you from eating the dots. If you run into a ghost you lose a life, once you have lost all your lives the game is over.
There are four dots that are larger than others placed in the corners of the map. Consuming these dots renders the ghosts harmless and you can eat them for extra points. Occasionally in a level various fruit will appear in the center these also can be consumed for extra points. Extra lives are earned for every 10,000 points you earn.
Controlling Pac Man only utilizes the arrow keys. The map is 2D and Pac Man is always moving forward so you will only need to steer him left, right, up, or down. The menu options are selected with the mouse. Pac Man allows you to adjust the difficulty settings, what level you start on and a choice between original and enhanced mode. Original provides the game as it was in the arcade. Enhanced mode has updated graphics and sound for a slightly different Pac Man experience.
The graphics in this game are identical to the original game in Original mode. The Enhanced mode graphics add a slight 3D effect to the borders and maze. They are not great, but they also don't detract from the game. The game also has a simulated appearance of an arcade machine as the border for the game. The sound is great, it matches the arcade machines perfectly.
Lack of Level Variety
If you haven't played Pac Man before, and don't know what to expect, there isn't a lot of variety level to level. Each level is the same maze with the same four ghosts and the same location for all the dots. The only changes level to level are how fast the ghosts move and how long the large dots that allow you to eat ghosts last. While this makes the game more challenging, it doesn't keep the game interesting.
Conclusion - A Well Made Reproduction of the Arcade Classic
Pac Man is a legendary arcade game that has survived the ages and can still be found today in modern arcades. You may have played this game when you were a kid and want to have a bit of fun remembering what it was like. Even if you have never played Pac Man it is never to late to start. The easy controls and premise make this game great for all ages and fans of any genre. Download the trial and you will be hooked for sure.
- Pac-Man's origins can be traced all the way back to 1980, but the version that came in Namco's All-Stars package was released on June 5, 2009.
- Pac-Man is the creation of famed Japanese developer, Namco. This edition of the game is the work of Namco Networks America.
- Countless ports, editions, remakes and shameless clones of Pac-Man have been seen on just about every gaming platform over the past couple of decades. Some of the official sequels include Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Baby Pac-Man, Professor Pac-Man, Pac & Pal, Jr. Pac-Man, Pac-Land, Pac-Mania, and Pac-Man Battle Royale.
- Other games from Namco Networks America include BurgerTime Deluxe, Pole Position: Remix, and Pac-Man's fellow all-star, Dig Dug.
- This version of Pac-Man is playable on PC.
- Pac-Man is by far one of the most popular and iconic figures in the game industry and it introduced a lot of common conventions. It was the first game with an established mascot character, the first game to use cutscenes, and the first game to utilize stealth.
- Within its first year of release, Pac-Man grossed over one billion dollars and is hands-down the high grossing game ever produced.
- A 2001 Dixon's Retail poll voted Pac-Man as the greatest game ever made.
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.