(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size - 485 MB
- Play It On - Win XP/Vista/7
- Support - MCF: Dire Grove Support
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
Better than average but has some noticeable flaws.
- Excellent graphics, including clue reels featuring live actors.
- One-of-a-kind hidden objects game in which the user plays in first person, choosing themselves where to explore without forced decisions made by the game.
- Not enough time spent searching for hidden objects.
- Objects do not change location each time an area is revisited, reducing the re-playability.
- Unique design becomes a detriment when all visible areas have been searched and there is not enough clear indication about what to do next.
One Snowy Night Leads to a Spine-Chilling Mystery!
A dangerous blizzard forces you off the road and onto a side street near Dire Grove, a closed vacation retreat. Ahead, you see lights flashing. It's an abandoned car!
Inside, you find the first of a series of chilling videotapes made by four students who were investigating Dire Grove to see if the creepy legends were true. But where are they now? And what haunts Dire Grove?
You can play this sixth installment in the Mystery Case Files series as a standalone game and enjoy similar gameplay as the previous games but with even more terrifying twists!
Search Spooky Areas for Clues
In this adventure game, wander freely through the snowy, creepy scenes and search for clues. In some scenes you'll be asked to find a list of hidden objects to earn a helpful object for your inventory. Also search for the students' videotapes to piece together their story and learn more about Dire Grove.
Solve clever puzzles like rotating a series of pointers around a circle so that each lights up two dots but none overlap. You get unlimited rechargeable hints but you'll still do plenty of thinking and searching!
Enjoy a Creepy, Thrilling Atmosphere!
The eerie effects make this game really stand out because the falling snow, ghostly whispers and tense music make this game feel very real! The intense, exciting story will keep you on the edge of your seat and you won't want to quit playing this addicting game!
Can you uncover the mysteries of Dire Grove? Challenge yourself now with Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove!
Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Review
Review by Sara
Mystery Case Files-Dire Grove is a truly one-of-a-kind game that combines some elements of first person adventure with a hidden objects game.
Great Graphics, Some Live Acting
As you walk around, you discover areas marked by sparkles that indicate to search for objects that will help uncover the supernatural legend of Dire Grove. The graphics are truly wonderful and even include scenes with live actors.
Some Uninteresting and Time Consuming Activities
One of the major downsides of the game is that time spent hunting for objects is greatly reduced because searching for new locations and learning which items unlock new areas is very time consuming. The tutorial provided in the game is very limited and will often leave players out of new locations to hunt objects and no indication as to which inventory object is needed to unlock a new area. Furthermore, objects remain in their original location when an area is revisited, reducing the re-play value of the game.
Conclusion - A Good Effort That Falls Short
Although Dire Grove has a distinctly original plot line and outstanding graphics for the genre, the amount of time spent hunting objects is too little and the confusion created by the unique navigation of the game is too great, ultimately belittling its value.
- The release date for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove was November 25, 2009.
- Dire Grove was developed by the Seattle-based company, Big Fish Studios.
- Mystery Case Files is one of the more long-running hidden object game series on the market. The other titles in it include Huntsville, Prime Suspects, Ravenhearst, Madame Fate, Return to Ravenhearst, 13th Skull, Escape to Ravenhearst, and Shadow Lake. Mobile games in the series include Agent X and MillionHeir. There's also a Wii game called The Malgrave Incident.
- Big Fish specializes in producing puzzle, adventure and HOG titles for casual players. Their other games include the Drawn series, the Hidden Expedition series, and Fairway Solitaire.
- Dire Grove is available for PC and Mac.
- Over 2.5 million copies of Dire Grove have been sold.
- Games in the Mystery Case Files series have reportedly been downloaded by at least 100 million people.
- Mystery Case Files is popular enough to warrant its own series of novels.
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.