Scream Across the Sky in the F-22 Raptor - the Best Fighter Aircraft in the Modern American Military Arsenal!
F22 Lightning 3 Review
Reviewed by: Alex
Avg. Rating: ( Player Ratings - Avg. Rating out of 5) Rate Edit
We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer this game.
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size -
- Play It On -
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
- Fast, fun, and furious action as you jump in the seat of the powerful F-22
- With 22 quick missions to ease you into the controls and 46 missions split between 6 campaigns, there is plenty of gameplay to be found
- A nice variety of weather such as snow, thunderstorms, driving rain, and hail
- Utilize an assortment of weaponry such as AMRAMMs, sidewinders, 20 mm Vulcan Gatling gun, JDAMS, and even a B61 10-kiloton tactical thermonuclear bomb
- Good mission editor and multiplayer feature, which boasts such game modes as deathmatch, RAW (where teams try to bomb their enemy's base), or cooperative which teams you up with 7 other players for special missions
- The simplified aerodynamics and flight physics might turn off more hard-core flight simulation fans
- The missions are set to a pretty specific structure and there isn't any randomization
- While the graphics are quite good, they are from 1999 and so could be seen as a little dated by some
› Read Full F22 Lightning 3 Review
Become an Air Combat Ace with F-22 Lightning 3
Scream across the sky in the F-22 Raptor, the best aircraft in the modern American military arsenal!
Locate and neutralize your targets before they even know you're there, because you're just a blur in your top-of-the-line plane.
A product of many years of research and testing, the F-22 utilizes all the most secret and advanced military technologies . . . and now F-22 Lightning 3 puts you in the cockpit, ready to deploy in hot spots all over the world where the situation calls for a little military muscle!
Gameplay That's Easy to Learn and Easy to Get Right Into!
Pilot experience not necessary! F-22 Lightning 3 simplifies the complicated task of flying a modern jet aircraft enough so that anyone can play, while still maintaining enough authenticity and realism to satisfy all but the strictest fans of flight simulation games. It strikes the perfect balance!
Automate take-off and landing options, a trusty heads-up display, and tons of modern weapons all aid you in your mission to be the best of the best.
Load your F-22 with sidewinder and AMRAAM air-to-air missiles, HARM air-to-ground missiles, 20mm Vulcan cannon, and even B61 tactical thermonuclear bombs! Just be sure to clear the area after you drop one.
Three Unique Modes of Pulse-Pounding Action
Start off in Quick Mission mode, which begins with a few tutorial missions to ease you into the action and then moves into real combat scenarios! You choose from 22 quick missions at any time, so you don't have to start with the easiest ones if you don't want to. There's also a map editor to create your own missions!
F-22 Lightning 3 includes six detailed campaigns with a total of 46 missions that will take you to Nevada, Indonesia, Syria, Russia, Libya, and more! Protect freedom and democracy as you fly around the globe to safeguard world peace.
If Quick Mission and Campaign modes aren't enough, fly with or against your friends in a variety of intense online battles.
Realistic 3D Graphics Take You There!
You F-22 Raptor is carefully rendered to reflect every detail of the real thing, and comes with a variety of cool paint schemes for you to choose from.
In F-22 Lightning 3, poor weather conditions - snow, hail, thunderstorms, driving rain . . . or nuclear explosions - have a profound effect on your aircraft's performance, just like in real life! Do you feel the need for speed? Download now and give F-22 Lightning 3 a try!
What the Pros are Saying
- "In the end, NovaLogic did a great job of accomplishing exactly what they were going for ... making a flight sim that would appeal to the masses. Lightning 3 isn't too complicated and it's lots of fun." - IGN, 8.4/10 - Full Review
- "It's an F-22 flight simulation where you can jump into the cockpit, fly for a minute or two, and hop straight into the action, and it provides a variety of missions and multiplayer options that other sims will find difficult to compete against." - GameSpot, 8.2/10 - Full Review
More F22 Lightning 3 Download Features:
- Extreme temperatures affect flight performance.
- Changing weather effects including: rain, snow, hail, and wind.
- Fly it yourself or use the Auto-Options: Auto-landings, Auto-taxi, Auto-takeoff, Auto-shoot list, Auto-formation, Auto-in-flight refueling.
- The most realistic weather environments ever created.
- Mass Destruction! Use tactical nuclear weapons to level entire city regions.
- Voice-Over-NetTM technology allows players to talk to each other during Novaworld multiplayer combat.
- The version of F-22 Lightning 3 purchased from this site does NOT require any further updates or patches.
F22 Lightning 3 Review
- Review by Alex
F-22 Lightning 3 continues the series fun and addicting flight simulation that trades super-realistic aerodynamics and flight controls for more action and combat focused gameplay.
Easy to Learn Controls, Realistic Motion
The plane still feels like it handles believably as you throw it through high-G turns, but the overall mechanics and avionics are rather simplified to allow you to focus on the action and even gives you the option of turning some maneuvers onto automatic, such as landings, taxiing, takeoff, shoot lists, formations, and in-flight refueling. It really is easy to start the game, learn the controls, and jump right into the missions within only a few minutes.
Modern Weapons at Your Fingertips
Another appealing aspect are the assortment of weapons you have at your command, such as AMRAMMs, sidewinders, 20 mm Vulcan Gatling gun, JDAMS, and even a B61 10-kiloton tactical thermonuclear bomb. Nothing gets your pulse pounding as riding the wake of a thermonuclear explosion!
Plenty of Missions
With 22 quick missions, that ease you into the controls before providing more sophisticated mission parameters, and 46 missions split between 6 campaigns there is plenty of gameplay to be found with the single player action. Add into this the mission editor, that allows you to create your own missions, and addicting multiplayer features and there are even more hours of enjoyable flying.
Won't Appeal to Hard Core Flight Sim Fans
There are only a few slight issues that could possible turn off some players. For instance, the simplified aerodynamics and flight physics might turn off more hard-core flight simulation fans. Also, the missions are in a set structure and there isn't any randomization, but there is always the mission editor if this is a deciding factor. While the graphics for the most part are pretty striking, they are from 1999 and could be viewed as slightly dated by some players, but this does little to detract from the awesome gameplay.
Conclusion - A Fun and Accessible Modern Air Combat Game
Overall, F-22 Lightning 3 provides gameplay that is both fun and addicting. It's more casual take on flight simulation lets even new players get into the action rather quickly and become flying aces in no time. The variety of missions keeps things fresh, and the multiplayer mixed with the mission editor means there are hours upon hours of gameplay to enjoy. If the very slight problems mentioned above are giving you pause, at least try out the demo and get a taste of the entertaining gameplay before making a final judgment.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
Click Screenshot to Enlarge
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 – Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.