(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 60 minutes.
- File Size - 388 MB
- Play It On - Win XP/Vista/7
- Game Created By - Paradox Interactive
The Weight of the Crown
You may like to think that it’s good to be the king, but do you really understand what being the king is all about? You’re about to find out in Crusader Kings II, one of the deepest and most involved strategy titles ever conceived.
Stepping into the royal shoes of a sovereign ruler in the medieval Europe, it will be your duty to leave a long-lasting legacy for the history books. How can you accomplish such a momentous task? That’s entirely up to you.
You can wage war, secure alliances with foreign powers, expand your territory, subtly plot against your enemies from within and without, designate your heirs, and so much more! In time, you’ll find that the treacherous game of politics can make the life a king much more challenging than you ever imagined.
Beginning Your Rule
Crusader King’s II is a pauseable real-time strategy game. Europe will change as time passes by and you will play a significant role in the impending drama. How you leave your mark on history will largely depend on how you begin your legacy.
- Begin your dynasty by selecting a historical ruler. You can start out with King Boleslaw the Bold of Poland, Duke Vratislav II of Bohemia, Duchess Matilda of Toscana, and more.
- Different monarchs start off with different resources. Some may have more power, wealth, land and vassals at their command, but they also have more enemies to contend with.
- Choose what year you want to begin your rule. Your dynasty can last for centuries, but the game will always end in 1453.
Managing Internal Affairs
As the king, duke, emperor or ruler of your chosen principality, it will be your God-given duty to secure the peace of your land. It won’t be easy, for many hard choices await you. Gaining the favor of one faction could easily turn another into an enemy.
- Secure an heir to carry on your legacy. If your current ruler dies before this happens, it’s game over.
- Manage the economy of your kingdom. Set the tax rates and increase the nobility’s favor to earn more money from them.
- Set up a council of advisors to assist you in all of your endeavors.
- Improve the opinions of your vassals by granting them titles, land and gold. Alternatively, enact policies that they agree with.
Dealing with Outsiders
Like it or not, there are other kingdoms out there. All of them are just like you; they want to increase their spheres of influence through any means necessary. You will have to meet with them diplomatically, rub elbows, fend off anyone who threatens your rule, and seize what you can from anyone weaker than you.
- Gain favor with your country’s religious institution to earn more money, secure powerful allies, win the hearts of the populace, divorce a poor spouse, and more.
- Field armies and wage war against other powers. Defend your territory from invaders, make or fabricate claims to justify sending your soldiers in, and draw up peace treaties and terms of surrender.
- If you don’t want to be confrontational, then you can try your hand at forming elaborate plots to deal with your enemies from the shadows.
- Form alliances by signing treaties, improving foreign goodwill, or arranging marriages for yourself or your children.
Fighting Enemies from the Inside
Not all threats come from outside your borders. Sometimes, the most insidious enemies are a little closer to home.
- Create a spy network to learn about plots against you.
- Beware of Pretenders and disgruntled relatives. If anyone is planning your demise, it’s them.
- Carry out covert assassinations to remove dissidents and other threats without anyone being the wiser.
Endlessly Deep Strategy
Crusader Kings II is more than just a strategy game; it’s a full-blown realpolitik simulator. No other game in existence lets you go into this much detail in what it means to be a king. There may be glory to be found, but there are also many dirty deeds to be executed.
It’s your call what kind of ruler you want to be. If that appeals to you, then Crusader Kings II should not be missed!
- Crusader Kings II was released on February 14, 2012.
- This game was developed by the Sweden-based company of Paradox Development Studio.
- Currently, the only other numerical entry in the Crusader Kings series is the original game. However, Crusader Kings II has had a number of expansions, such as Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, Sunset Invasion, and The Republic.
- Paradox Development Studio specializes in developing all sorts of strategy game series, like Europe Universalis, Hearts of Iron, and Victoria.
- Crusader Kings II is available for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- The game was nominated as the 'Best Strategy Game' for the 2013 Golden Joystick Awards.