We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer a download for this game.
DFG Exclusive Review Summary
A superior game, one of the very best in its category.
- You get to take the controls of the U.S. Army's RAH-66 Comanche complete with hellfire, stinger, canon and hydra missiles with the ability to call in artillery support
- The fantastic graphics are a joy to see with impressive explosions, rotor wash effects, and vehicle designs
- The added multiplayer extends the gameplay a great deal and the scenario editor allows you to create your own missions
- Simplified flight simulation controls, such as avionics and weapon controls, make it possible to be up and playing in only about 5 minutes
- Tutorials are great for introducing new players to flight simulations
- Missions can get very difficult
- There is no in-game save option and it could possibly get frustrating attempting the same mission over and over
Novalogic's Super Popular Helicopter Sim
The best-selling Comanche series returns on your PC with this fast-paced action game that places you at the controls of a Comanche RAH-66 helicopter. Comanche 4 puts you in the seat of the mythical attack helicopter and lets you focus on what you want to do - blow crap up!
In 6 single player campaigns and multiplayer, the game combines serious firepower with effortless controls. Each campaign has 5 missions so you will be flying for quite some time. Your missions will require either stealth seek and destroy or just pure annhilation. Either way, you will be rocking and rolling from the very first mission.
Awesome Special Effects
If you like to see things blow up, Comanche 4 will satisfy. One of the highlights of the game is the special effects and they come quick and often. The explosions are awesome and you have to see, and hear, them to appreciate it. The sounds of your machine gun fire and rocket attacks are a real strong point and add to the excitement of the game.
If you get through the missions jump into multiplayer deathmatch battles through the NovaWorld servers. Duke it out with other pilots like yourself trying to make a name as the best chopper pilot around. Between single and multiplayer game modes, you will have plenty of hours of helicopter fighting action whenever you want it.
So hurry up and give the free Comanche 4 download a try and fire up your rotors - your enemies are just waiting to be shredded!
Comanche 4 Game Download Features
- NON-STOP ASSAULT - Blast away at tanks, jets, aircraft carriers, helicopters, missile-launching troops and more.
- UNLEASH THE POWER - Shoot Hellfire and Stinger missiles, rockets and a 20mm cannon.
- AIRBORNE IN MINUTES - Quickly master flying and fighting using the keyboard & mouse, or for the sim fan, joystick, throttle & pedal controls.
- STUNNING INTERACTIVE TERRAIN - Immerse yourself in detailed environments with rotor wash, shadows, terrain scarring and spectacular explosions.
- 6 EXTREME CAMPAIGNS - Fly across urban, forest, arctic, desert and sea environments while you protect diplomats, support Delta Force, subdue renegade forces, attack warships and more.
- FREE MULTIPLAYER - Connect with your friends through the skies of NovaWorld over the internet or throw a LAN party.
- "In the Comanche series' fourth installment, NovaLogic has gone back to what it does best--making flight sims with as much bang-per-flight-minute as possible." - Gamespot 7.7/10, Comanche 4 Review
- "If you want gorgeous, consistent, believable action that controls well, Comanche will appease your militaristic alter ego."- IGN 8.6/10 IGN Review
- "Comanche 4 is essentially a first person shooter in the skies, best played with a mouse and keyboard, and as such it's not likely to appeal to hardcore flight sim fanatics." - Eurogamer 8/10, Review
Comanche 4 Review
Review by Alex
While Comanche 4 can be classified as a flight simulation, it has a definite slant toward the casual player and the actual flight avionics and controls are simplified allowing even new players to figure out the controls and be playing within five minutes. Much of the gameplay feels more like an action shooter, in fact those familiar with 1st person shooters will understand the controls quickly.
Easy to Learn, Not a Hard Core Chopper Sim
The controls for flight are simple with preset altitudes and a “pop-up” feature to fly above a hillside, fire your weapons, and then go right back to your previous altitude. Your weapons also are easy to deploy since you just lock on, choose which weapon you want to use, and then the targeting computer will lead the target for you. While this might turn away some more hard-core flight simulation fans, the action from this is very fun and addicting as you fly around and try to take out enemy bases, tanks, and helicopters in a variety of missions.
Variety of Missions
As you make your way through the six campaigns, each with about five mission, you'll find yourself performing all kinds of tasks such as stopping pirates attacking a yacht, taking back an airport from terrorists, and supporting special forces. This variety to mission structure and easy to use controls all sum up to a rather gratifying and intense gameplay experience.
Levels Can Get Difficult
The only slight issue which came up with Comanche 4 is that the levels do get rather difficult early on due to the number of forces you'll have to face and that the enemy are very good shots. Add in to this fact that there is no in-game save feature and you could find yourself getting a bit frustrated attempting the same mission over and over again. In some cases though the challenge in completing missions actually adds to the sense of accomplishment you get when you finally find a way through a level.
Conclusion - Well Rounded and Fun to Play
Even with these slight issues, Comanche 4 is sure to please combat and flight sim fans alike with its stellar graphics, easy to learn controls, and intense action sequences. With the 30 single-player mission, fun multiplayer supporting cooperative play, deathmatch, and team deathmatch modes, and the senario editor, there are hours of gameplay to be found with Comanche 4. At the very least try out the demo where you can try out any of the campaigns for a limited time and get a taste for the addicting gameplay.
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.