Wolfenstein: Enemy TerritoryHome Freeware Games Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
WWII First Person Shooter of extraordinary quality!
Categories/Tags:first person shooter freeware military theme multiplayer
We're sorry but we are no longer able to offer a download for this game.
Squad Based Shooter
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory offers gamers a unique, squad-based single player game, enlisting players as the leader of an elite Allied force throughout a series of mission-based scenarios that range from Western Europe to the deserts of Egypt. Players must tactically command their troops through hostile enemy positions to accomplish specific mission objectives, while also ensuring the survival of key team members.
Throughout the game, veteran squad leaders earn additional skills and gain equipment via field promotions that remain persistent across several maps. Armed with devastating weaponry and innovative command and communication functions, gamers must pursue and confront the insidious Third Reich and the products of its experimentation with the Occult and paranormal.
Multiplayer Up to 64 Players!
Featuring multiplayer support for as many as 64 players and 2-player co-operative play, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory challenges gamers to the ultimate test of teamwork and strategy.
5 Character Classes Available
Each of the five character classes is critical to a team's ultimate victory or defeat on the battlefield. The Covert Ope
rative class allows players to steal uniforms, perform reconnaissance and gain access to enemy positions. While, the Engineer allows the Axis and Allied teams to lay and diffuse mines as well as build battlefield bridges, towers, forward command bases and other improvements in the midst of combat to gain advantages for their team. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory's Campaign mode combines a series of battles into larger campaigns where teams struggle for successive victories and players are awarded battlefield promotions and additional abilities that persist and accumulate throughout the campaign.
Unique Game Modes
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory further offers online players the option to slug it out in the intense Team Last-Man-Standing game mode, where squad-mates cooperate to ensure their team has the last surviving man on the battlefield. Additionally, players can engage with computer-controlled bots, both cooperatively and competitively, in all of the multiplayer maps and game types. With new game modes, character classes, weaponry, and added tactical skills, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory will keep gamers in the trenches for hours.
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was released on May 28, 2003
- It was developed by Splash Damage, Ltd and published by Activision
- The game is available for Linux, Mac and Windows
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is part of the Castle Wolfenswin series of action games. Some other titles in the series include Wolfenstein 3D (1992), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) and Wolfenstein (2009)
- The original Castle Wolfenstein was one of the earliest video games made, being released in 1981 for Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64 and DOS
- The successful Spear of Destiny series is a spin-off from the Wolfenstein games
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a multiplayer only version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- The modding community has released hundreds of downloadable maps
- A separate mode, Last Man Standing, is also included