(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 60 minutes.
- File Size - 4 MB
- Play It On - Win XP
Free Civilization Type Strategy Game
FreeCiv is an Open Source game similar to the popular PC Civilization series by Sid Meier. Your goal is to build cities, collect resources, organize your government, and build an army.
FreeCiv features a lot of strategy and a ton of variety. You can choose to build many types of civilizations throughout history and take several different paths to victory. This game is completely free.
- The earliest version of Freeciv was released on January 5, 1996.
- As an open-source game, Freeciv is the work of a team of independent developers that collectively call themselves the Freeciv Project. It was originally worked on by three people named Peter Unold, Claus Leth Gregersen, and Allan Ove Kjeldbjerg.
- Freeciv can by played on computers that run Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Solaris, Ultrix, QNX, OS/2, Cygwin, AmigaOS, RISC OS, Maemo, ZETA and SkyOS.
- The game has been well regarded by critics. OSG1 in particular said that it was 'amazing that they've not only been able to make a game that feels like a Civilization game, but plays like one too.'