(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size - 63 MB
- Play It On - Win XP
Turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme!
In the Battle for Wesnoth, you will build up a great army, gradually turning raw recruits into hardened veterans. Choose units from a large pool of specialists, and hand-pick a force with the right strengths to fight well on different terrains against all manner of opposition. In later games, recall your toughest warriors and form a deadly host against whom none can stand!
Wesnoth has many different sagas waiting to be played out. Fight to regain the throne of Wesnoth, of which you are the legitimate heir. Step into the boots of a young officer sent to guard a not-so-sleepy frontier outpost. Vanquish a horde of undead warriors unleashed by a foul necromancer, who also happens to have taken your brother hostage. Guide a band of elvish survivors in an epic quest to find a new home.
200+ unit types. 16 races. 6 major factions. Hundreds of years of history. The world of Wesnoth is absolutely huge and limited only by your creativity - make your own custom units, compose your own maps, and write your own scenarios or even full-blown campaigns. You can also challenge up to 8 friends - or strangers - and fight in epic multi-player fantasy battles.
- Build up a formidable fighting force, starting from a single leader and a small amount of gold.
- Over 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance.
- Several multi-player options available, including internet play.
- Scores of different custom-designed maps, and unlimited random maps.
- Hundreds of campaign scenarios available for download via a simple in-game procedure.
- 'Fog of war' feature available for a true test of generalship.
- Sophisticated mark-up language lets advanced users make their own maps, factions or campaigns.
- Excellent language support - 35 different languages currently available.
- GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOSX, BeOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, AmigaOS4, OS/2 & eComStation compatible.
Watch a short clip from The Battle for Wesnoth, a turn-based strategy game in a fantasy setting.
- The public release for The Battle for Wesnoth was on June 18, 2003.
- The game was originally designed by the independent developer, David White. It has since gathered a team of devoted programmers and designers who have periodically released free updates for The Battle for Wesnoth over the years.
- The Battle for Wesnoth can be played on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, OpenSolaris and AmigaOS4 platforms. There are also portable versions for the iPhone, iPad and Android systems.
- As of 2012, The Battle for Wesnoth has been downloaded over 5 million times.
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 - Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.