Star DefenderHome Arcade Games Star Defender
Classic Galaga style shooter with great powerups and tough end bosses!
Categories/Tags:galaxian clone space shooter star defender series
(Secure Download - NO Adware or Spyware!)
- What's Free - Play game for 60 minutes.
- File Size - 3.6 MB
- Play It On - Win XP
- Support - Star Defender Support
Star Defender is a simple, but very fun shooter game. The idea is somewhat like the classic Space Invaders with waves of attacking ships. Fight through these hoardes with 5 different gun powerups and very powerful rockets. Get through a set of attack waves and you will duke it out with a tough end boss.
A few tips to help you on your way:
- Control and fire of the ship is with your mouse.
- Be sure to use your rockets (right mouse button) often as you have a lot of them and they can clear out enemies fast.
- Grab as many powerup icons as possible.
- When you reach the first end boss, pound him with rockets and you will destroy him in no time.
- Have a blast!
- Star Defender was released on November 24, 2002
- The game was developed and published by Awem Studio
- It was only released on the Windows platform
- Star Defender is the first in a series of arcade-style space shooters. The other games in the series include Star Defender II (2005), Star Defender III (2006) and Star Defender 4 (2007)
- The game was heavily influenced by coin operated classics such as Space Invaders and Galaga
- There are 100 levels of aliens to defeat
- Awem Studio develops and publishes casual video games across multiple platforms, including mobile devices. Some of their better-known titles include the tile-matching games The Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Egypt and Cradle of Persia