Uncover a Massive Online Conspiracy Through Messages On An Old Bulletin Board System!
Digital: A Love Story
Avg. Rating: ( Player Ratings - Avg. Rating out of 5) Rate & Review
- What's Free - Play game for 100 minutes.
- File Size - 34.2 MB
- Play It On - Win XP/Vista/7
- Game Created By - Christine Love
A Blast from the Past
Get ready to experience a deep and emotional story in a way you would have never expected. Digital: A Love Story will make you laugh and cry as you get to know a variety of colorful characters by simply reading and exchanging messages with them on an old 1980s Bulletin Board System.
That may not sound like much, but Digital: A Love Story is a brilliant work of interactive fiction. By simply chatting with people, typing in passwords, and hacking into restricted websites in a way that could only have been done on a 1988 AMIGA computer, you'll uncover a surprisingly intriguing cyberpunk story unlike anything else out there.
Connect to the Story
The year is 1988 and you've just taken your first steps into the brave new world of the internet. As you hit the BBS boards and chat with various people, you quickly befriend one lonely poet named Emilia. Things are going well until your favorite board suddenly gets wiped out under mysterious circumstances, while your friend sends you a plea for help.
What caused the system to crash? What happened to Emilia? What's really going on here? In order to answer the many questions piling up, you'll have to take a journey across cyberspace.
- Experience a novel science fiction story.
- The tale is told by incorporating amazingly well-researched information on the history of networks and viruses.
- Includes references and shout-outs to classic cyberpunk stories, including The Matrix and Neuromancer.
An Adventure in Early Cyberspace
Digital: A Love Story is a visual novel that plays out in a most distinct way. You won't travel to any physical places or interact with characters directly. The game instead takes place from a simple AMIGA-like interface; it will be as though you're sitting directly behind an old computer from the '80s, complete with all the hurdles that entails.
- Immerse yourself in the internet as it appeared in 1988, complete with synthetic sounds, ANSI art, and that annoying dialing tone.
- Listen to an atmospheric soundtrack that fits the technology of the time, but dynamically changes to suit the current situation.
- Dial up onto long-distance websites using calling cards provided by your hacker friends.
- Store phone numbers, passwords and illegal "codez" on your Notepad application.
- Hack into encrypted websites.
- Fix errors in your machine when it gets infected by wayward viruses.
- Tour a variety of virtual Bulletin Board Systems. Read messages, send replies, save forum posts, download illegal warez, and so on.
- And more!
A Work of Art
Digital: A Love Story is a marvel of writing that combines emotional storytelling with immersive computer interaction and well-documented research on the early stages of the Information Age. To say anymore more about it would spoil the experience; just know that you can do so at absolutely no cost to your wallet.
If you want to experience a most original cyberpunk tale, download this visual novel right now and go back to the days preceding broadband, 3D graphics and Facebook.
Guides, Strategies, and Hints
Video walkthrough of the entire game!
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
Click Screenshot to Enlarge
About Download Free Games
Recommended by PC World Magazine (August 2004), The Miami Herald Online (Sept. 25, 2004), and Downhome Magazine (2005 – Favorite Games Site), Download Free Games has provided its users quality downloadable games since 2002.
Game players from around the world play tens of thousands of DFG’s free games every day. DFG is constantly expanding, striving to bring its audience the most entertaining game downloads found on the Internet.
Download Free Games is a small business owned and operated by iWin Inc.