Home Download Minecraft
Thank You for Downloading
Your download should start automatically in a few seconds. If it doesn't, click here to download or check your browser's security bar at the top or bottom of the page.
Minecraft Fast Facts
- Minecraft was released on June 30, 2010
- The game was developed and published by Swedish independent company Mojang AB
- The game was released for Linux, Mac, Windows and browsers
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition is available for iOS and Android devices
- The game was developed completely by one person: Markus “Notch” Persson
- The game features open-ended gameplay where you create and fashion your world the way you want
- Minecraft has two main modes: creative and survival
- Several large-scale projects are constantly being updated by the community, including an attempt to recreate the entire world of The Lord of the Rings and the universe of Harry Potter
- Persson’s #Notch Twitter account has over 950,000 followers
- Despite their publishers being involved in litigation, developers of the hit RPG Elder Scrolls: Skyrim honored Minecraft by including the Notch pickax as an in-game item
- The Minecraft community has created thousands of character skins, textures and worlds that are available via the Internet
- Minecraft has spawned an entire industry of block-building games, but none has come close to the original’s success
- Minecraft was Mojang’s first game. The studio is currently developing its second title, as well as providing funding for other independently-developed games
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.