Home Download America's Army 2.0
Thank You for Downloading
America's Army 2.0…
Your download should start automatically in a few seconds. If it doesn't, click here to download or check your browser's security bar at the top or bottom of the page.
America's Army 2.0 Fast Facts
- America's Army 2.0, otherwise known as Special Forces, was released on November 6, 2003.
- America's Army 2.0 was funded, developed and published by the United States Army itself.
- The other entries in the series include the original America's Army: Operations, America's Army 3, America's Army: Special Forces Overmatch, America's Army: True Soldiers, and America's Army: Rise of a Soldier.
- Currently, America's Army is the only series the U.S. Army has ever directly developed. However, it has sponsored other games, like Full Spectrum Warrior, in the past.
- America's Army 2.0 is available for Linux, Mac OSX and Windows systems. It was also released for the Xbox as America's Army: Rise of a Soldier.
- Although the idea of the United States Army releasing its own game was met with controversy, the series has been met with wide critical acclaim. America's Army: Special Forces has an average critical rating of 85 percent on Metacritic.
- The series has won many awards over the course of its lifetime. Computer Gaming World Magazine gave it an Editor's Choice Award, CBS named Special Forces as one of the best games of 2003, and the Academy for Interactive Arts & Sciences considered it to be one of the best FPSs of 2003.
- According to Guinness World Records, America's Army was the most downloaded war game as of 2008.
- Although the America's Army series was made to garner interest in the Army for gamers in the United States, the series has a devoted following abroad, especially in Germany, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom.
Average Rating: ( Ratings)
How to Download
Your download should automatically start. If it doesn’t, click the “click here to download” link above to start the download.
A box will appear with the file name.
If you are using the Firefox browser, select “Save File”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen and ask you if you want to run or save the file. Choose “Run”.
If you are using Google Chrome, a banner may appear at the bottom of your screen. Click the drop down arrow next to the file name and choose “Open”
Some operating systems like Windows 7 may launch a User Account Control window ask you if you want to grant permission to run the file. Allow the file to run by clicking “Yes”.
Some game files will then launch a download manager which will help ensure large game files get downloaded to your computer correctly.
Depending on the browser you use and if the game has a download manager, you may need to install the game on your computer after downloading. Click on the downloaded file to begin the install process. If there is a download manager, it may start the install process for you to save you the trouble of finding the file.